- At GBM Accounts, we are still working. All of our employees are now working from home.
- At the moment, face to face meetings to review accounts are not possible, but can be reviewed/approved remotely (Openspace/email/telephone).
- In terms of communication, we are still using email to communicate with clients and Openspace to share documents. Telephone calls to the main office number are OK.
- As far as we are aware, normal filing deadlines are still being adhered to. We have not seen anything to suggest otherwise. Therefore, we will continue to try to meet these deadlines. These are principally in relation to wages, CIS returns, VAT returns and company accounts.
- For Self Assessment, the 2020 year closes on 5th April 2020, and the deadline for submission of personal tax returns is 31st January 2021. However, where practical, we will continue to try and manage our client’s commitments in respect of this.
- Following on from points 5 & 6, you may receive generic mailings in respect of asking for books and records, which are simply part of our normal system work.
We are working hard to try and minimise the disruption which we are all experiencing. However, given the large number of changes which are being introduced in a short space of time, coupled with the different working environment, we would ask for patience. If you have any issues which need dealing with, particularly in respect of wages, please contact us sooner rather than later. As always, we will try and do our best for you.
Nick, Tracy, Tracey, Linda & Alana