GBM Accounts Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
GBM Accounts Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 8th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address.
- Photo identification such as your passport or driving license.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to help us provide our services.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect physically and online.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How long your personal data is kept
We will retain your personal data throughout the duration of our appointment. We will also retain your personal data after our engagement has finished for as long as the law requires us to which is 5 years plus the current year. We may retain your personal data beyond this date for the purposes mentioned above and will in any case at all times retain your personal data for the minimum period required by law. We may also retain your data to deal with any disputes, to maintain records and to show that we have dealt with you fairly. There may be reasons why we need to keep or use your personal data, but please tell us if you think we should not be processing your personal data.
What choices and rights you have
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your right to:
- Object to our controlling and processing your personal data.
- Object to our sharing of your personal data with others or certain organisations.
- Request that your personal data is erased after 5 years plus the current year, corrected or that its processing be restricted.
- Request access to your personal data and for it to be given to you in a portable format.
- Request that we transfer your personal data to another organisation.
- Request that we confirm what personal data we currently control and/or process in relation to you.
Monitoring of communications
Subject to applicable laws, we will record and keep all emails and any other correspondence in relation to your dealings with us. We’ll do this for regulatory compliance, self-regulatory practices, crime prevention and detection, to protect the security of our communication systems and procedures. We may also monitor activities where necessary for these reasons and this is justified by our legitimate interests or our legal obligations.
Fraud prevention checks
If we determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide the services you have requested or we may stop providing existing services to you or your company. A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies and may result in others refusing to provide services to you.
If you fail to provide us with the data we require, this may delay or prevent us from acting for you on your behalf. Depending on the importance of the data, it may mean we are entitled to stop acting for you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We can only send you marketing information, notifications or advice if it is of a legitimate interest to you or your company. A legitimate interest will usually be a commercial reason which cannot be used unfairly against you.
For more information or to exercise your GDPR rights, please contact us directly on:
Tel: 01302 530800
Address: 6 The Row, Old Cantley, Doncaster DN3 3QJ.